Radwanska wins her 13th career title in Seoul
KDB KOREA OPEN
September 16-22, 2013
Results – Sunday, September 22, 2013
Singles – Final
(1) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. (3) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 67(6) 63 64
Doubles – Final
Chan/Xu (TPE/CHN) d. (1) Kops-Jones/Spears (USA/USA) 75 63
- Radwanska wins her third WTA title of the year and 13th of her career.
- Radwanska improves to 13-5 in WTA finals.
- Eleven of Radwanska’s WTA titles have come on hardcourts.
- Radwanska is Seoul’s first Polish champion.
- Radwanska improves to 3-1 in her series with Pavlyuchenkova.
- Pavlyuchenkova falls to 5-3 in WTA finals.
- Chan and Xu win their first WTA doubles title as a duo. It is also the first WTA title of any kind for both players.
Agnieszka Radwanska: “Especially after a great match, almost three hours of great tennis at a really high level, of course I’m very happy. It was a very close match – tight sets, all of them – but I was just a little bit better in the important moments today. And at the end of the third set I think I was playing a little bit more aggressively than she was, and I managed to win a couple more points than her in the end.”
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova: “I’m actually proud of myself. I had a great week. I showed some good tennis and it was a great final. And I was pretty tired – not only after a few tough matches, but even coming into the tournament after being in the States and the jet lag. So I’m proud to be in the final and come so close to the title.”